Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Faux Cross Stitch


Faux Cross Stitch
Here is a card I made using a technique that was shared in one of my yahoo groups (Spellbinders-Wizard). This technique creates a cross-stitched look. The materials suggested in the technique is either plastic canvas mesh or vinyl Aida Cloth, a fine mist sprayer filled with water or Paper Glide, Medium weight card stock, inks or markers of your choice and a rubber stamp.
First I sprayed the card stock with Paper Glide and ran it through my Wizard.
Once dry, ink up your stamp or using markers color it. Instead of breathing on the stamp, I misted the stamp with a fine spray of water. Lightly stamp the image to the card stock. On this card, I actually lightly colored the image because my stamp was opened instead of solid.
Try this technique. It gives a different results.

No comments: